This morning I dropped off a friend of mine at the airport. I was zoning out thinking about life and how to write this update with a CD playing in the background. A song came on and the words were from Psalm 91.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday… If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the Lord, who is my refuge-- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. … "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday… If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the Lord, who is my refuge-- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. … "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
So many of these truths spoke directly to my heart this morning. I have days when I am anxious, when I worry, when I wonder if we are ever going to get to PNG.
This is a big week for us. And it got even bigger on Saturday. We were visiting some friends and Ryan went out to play a game of football. During the game, he dislocated his shoulder. We spent Saturday afternoon in the hospital. The doctors were able to reduce his shoulder pretty easily and now he will spend the next 5 days in an immobilizer allowing his shoulder to heal, followed by a couple more months of rehabilitation. This has just added more excitement to the week as we are also trying to……..
1 – find out where are visas and passports are.
2 – buy tickets and finalize our plans to arrive in Papua New Guinea. At the moment, we are shooting to leave Kansas City on June 11th and arrive in Papua New Guinea on June 18th or 19th.
3 – finish up doctors appointments.
4 – continue to say our good-byes.
As we have all of these big things going on, will you be praying with us? We want to go through these different situations and trials resting in the shadow of the Almighty. We want God to be our refuge and strength. Here are our prayer requests.
1. Ryan’s shoulder will heal very quickly.
2. Our passports will show up in the mail.
3. We will find the perfect tickets.
4. We will get a good price on the tickets.
5. We will continue to learn to let God be our strength in this time of transition and change.
This is a big week for us. And it got even bigger on Saturday. We were visiting some friends and Ryan went out to play a game of football. During the game, he dislocated his shoulder. We spent Saturday afternoon in the hospital. The doctors were able to reduce his shoulder pretty easily and now he will spend the next 5 days in an immobilizer allowing his shoulder to heal, followed by a couple more months of rehabilitation. This has just added more excitement to the week as we are also trying to……..
1 – find out where are visas and passports are.
2 – buy tickets and finalize our plans to arrive in Papua New Guinea. At the moment, we are shooting to leave Kansas City on June 11th and arrive in Papua New Guinea on June 18th or 19th.
3 – finish up doctors appointments.
4 – continue to say our good-byes.
As we have all of these big things going on, will you be praying with us? We want to go through these different situations and trials resting in the shadow of the Almighty. We want God to be our refuge and strength. Here are our prayer requests.
1. Ryan’s shoulder will heal very quickly.
2. Our passports will show up in the mail.
3. We will find the perfect tickets.
4. We will get a good price on the tickets.
5. We will continue to learn to let God be our strength in this time of transition and change.
No comments:
Post a Comment