Wednesday, November 28, 2007
2 Fish and Five Loaves
Recently I have been worring about the issue of money in my life. Sarah and I only have a few months till we go to Papua New Guinea and I worry about having enough to support us. 50% is what our support level and to be honest that is enough to get by on. So I have been praying that God would change our money situation. God brought the story of 2 fish and 5 loaves to my mind in Matthew 14:13-21. Jesus took 2 fish and 5 loaves and fed 5,000 men not to mention the women and children that were there. And the diciples picked up 12 baskets of left overs. So I realized it wasn't how much money that I get in a month it is how much I trust my God. Just because I get 50% doesn't mean God can't do everything I need with that and have extra to give away. It really is amazing how often I use my logic to put the God of the Universe in a box. God can do anything and I believe that, but so often in my Christian life I don't live that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys are not the only ones who do that but the Lord just keeps on providing! We are praying for you and know God will bless you and take care of things. Take care!
Post a Comment