Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What God is teaching me!

James 1:18 says, "He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation became his prized possession."

So believers are God's prized possession. I don't know what you think about when you think about your most prized possession. It could be pictures of loved ones, something someone gave you that you hold very dear. But how would you feel if some one mistreated that most prized possession. How do you think God feels when we mistreat those in the family of God.

This by far is one of my weakest areas in my Christian life. People get on my nerves and I have no problem complaining about them. So how am I treating God's most prized possession. Just let me say this my Heavenly Father has been gracious to me, I should have gotten a few spankings by now!

But when James says we are his most prized possession he is talking about all believers, that is right you are God's most prized possession. Doesn't that put a tear in your eye when you think about all the things you have done in life to displease God. And yet he calls you His most prized possession. Mountains are beautiful, oceans are breathtaking, but Believers in Christ are God's most prized possession. Just think about that for awhile. And Thank God for it because you don't deserve it.

1 comment:

Doug Tanner said...

As I am His child, His prized possession, I forget how patient God is with me because I am his prized possession.

And as you said, "People get on my nerves", that is why there is a verse 19. let everyone be quick to here; SLOW TO SPEAK AND SLOW TO ANGER. God has given me 3 prized possession to take care of and He is very patient with me and so I must learn to be patient with them.

Ryan and Sarah, I am not sure if this what you wanted anyone to get out of your blog, but I do believe God wanted me to get your news letter on a evening where I had time to set down and read it and your blog.

Uncle Doug